BBA Marketing Online Completion
The marketing curriculum is designed to help students prepare for careers in fields such as retailing, distribution, marketing research, advertising, and personal selling. The program provides knowledge and competencies that facilitate acquiring and succeeding in entry-level positions and moving into marketing management positions or business ownership. Emphasis is on development of analytical skills adequate for and appropriate to professional marketing activities in a highly competitive global market place. Marketing courses stress problem solving and decision making and the development and implementation of competitive policies and strategies. An On-Campus format provides a mix of online, face-to-face, and blended courses. An Online completion format provides 60 hours of online courses. The course schedule for the Online BBA-Marketing option will differ from on-campus course offerings and may not include all course options available to on-campus students.
BBA Student Learning Goals and Objectives
Students will demonstrate an understanding of the principles and practices common to the functional areas of business administration.
G1. To Be Effective Communicators
01. Students will demonstrate the ability to identify the appropriate message purpose, select appropriate organization, provide sufficient supporting details, and use effective mechanics.
02. Students will demonstrate the ability to prepare (content, presentation and media) and deliver (verbally and nonverbally) a professional presentation.
G2. To Be Competent in Business Practices
01. Students will demonstrate knowledge of key business theories and concepts and will apply these business theories and concepts correctly.
02. Students demonstrate the ability to incorporate theories, concepts, and practices across multiple disciplines to produce practical answers.
03. Students will effectively analyze data.
G3. To Be Good Decision Makers
01. Students will demonstrate the ability to identify valid, reliable and important information applicable to the issue being studied.
02. Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze multiple responses to issues.
03. Students will demonstrate the ability to determine and support an appropriate decision.
G4. To Be Good Citizens
01. Students will demonstrate the ability to distinguish among ethical and unethical practices, and support ethical business solutions.
In addition, all Marketing Majors will demonstate knowledge of key marketing theories and concepts, and the ability to apply these theories and concepts.