BBA General Business Online Completion
This program of study provides a broad-based business background for those persons who are interested in a business career but do not wish to specialize in a specific functional area. Study in the various business disciplines provides a broader competency base for those who may want to work in or to manage small businesses or selected not-for-profit organizations. This major provides a background for entry-level work in a broad range of businesses. An On-Campus format provides a mix of online, face-to-face, and blended courses. An Online completion format provides 60 hours of online courses. The course schedule for the Online BBA General Business option will differ from on-campus course offerings and may not include all course options available to on-campus students.
BBA Student Learning Goals and Objectives
G1. To Be Effective Communicators
01. Students will demonstrate the ability to identify the appropriate message purpose, select appropriate organization, provide sufficient supporting details, and use effective mechanics.
02. Students will demonstrate the ability to prepare (content, presentation and media) and deliver (verbally and nonverbally) a professional presentation.
G2. To Be Competent in Business Practices
01. Students will demonstrate knowledge of key business theories and concepts and will apply these business theories and concepts correctly.
02. Students demonstrate the ability to incorporate theories, concepts, and practices across multiple disciplines to produce practical answers.
03. Students will effectively analyze data.
G3. To Be Good Decision Makers.
01. Students will demonstrate the ability to identify valid, reliable and important information applicable to the issue being studied.
02. Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze multiple responses to issues.
03. Students will demonstrate the ability to determine and support an appropriate decision.
G4. To Be Good Citizens
01. Students will demonstrate the ability identify ethical concepts.
In addition, all General Business Majors will demonstrate knowledge of key International Business theories and concepts, and will apply these International Business theories and concepts correctly.